Thursday, February 13, 2014

Hourglass Ambient Lighting Powder in Luminous Light - Instant Photoshop in a Small Compact!

I'm very excited to share my newly-discovered beauty product with you!  I'm sure you've heard of the Hourglass line of Ambient Lighting Powders, since there has been a tremendous amount of hype in the blogosphere recently.  I'm definitely not the first, nor will I be the last to review this amazing product.  
Hourglass Ambient Luminous Light, glowing skin, finishing powder, candlelit glow
There are six different shades in the Ambient Lighting collection, ranging from a pale yellow colour, to a sun-kissed golden beige.  Each powder works differently to capture, diffuse, and soften surrounding light to create a luminous glow to your skin.  
Hourglass Ambient Luminous Light, glowing skin, finishing powder, candlelit glow
I chose the shade Luminous Light, which according to Hourglass, is a "champagne pearl that creates a soft, incandescent candlelit glow - day or night."  I was attracted to this one the most because the colour is so beautiful, and seems to have the most shimmer out of all of them.  I am not a fan of the matte powdery look, and prefer a more luminous, dewy finish.  There are no chunky bits of glitter whatsoever, so you don't have to worry about looking like a shiny disco ball (attractive...not!)  Instead, your skin is left looking flawless, radiant and glowing - what's not to love?
Hourglass Ambient Luminous Light, glowing skin, finishing powder, candlelit glowHourglass Ambient Luminous Light, glowing skin, finishing powder, candlelit glow
The compact itself has a beautiful, bronzy, mirrored, chrome finish - very chic looking!  These powders are also free of Parabens (harmful chemicals added to preserve the product), talc, fragrance, nano-particles, and gluten, so you can have peace of mind. I am extremely happy with Luminous Light.  I use it as a finishing powder, and apply it all over my face using my MAC 150 brush. It truly makes your face glow, as if you are under candlelight.  Not over the top, but just very luminous and beautiful.  The photo below is a swatch of it on my arm, but it does not do it justice.  Please note that I've applied it very heavily, in order for it to show up on camera. Looks so much better (and subtle) in real life.  You'll have to try it for yourself!  ~Janice 
Hourglass Ambient Luminous Light, glowing skin, finishing powder, candlelit glow

No comments:

Post a Comment